High Holy Days services for 2021 (5782) will be held primarily online, with some in-person services. All services will be led by Rabbi Julie Pelc Adler and Cantorial Soloist Zach Weiss. Our online services will feature the members of our own Koleynu choir under the direction of Harvey Blau. We appreciate your patience and understanding as we work together to observe the holidays safely and meaningfully. All online events will be available at our usual congregational Zoom link. If you need the link, please contact President Rob Feldacker at President@BethShalomDeKalb.org.
No tickets are needed for any of the High Holy Days services. All are welcome to worship with us at no charge. Non-members, friends, and family members who would like to make a High Holy Days donation to the Congregation should see the Donate page.
- Monday, September 6th
- 11 a.m. to noon: Machzor pickup, synagogue parking lot
- 1 p.m.: Kever Avot memorial service, Garden of Shalom at Fairview Cemetery (outdoors, in person only)
- 7:30 p.m.: Erev Rosh Hashanah service, on Zoom
- Tuesday, September 7th
- 9:30 a.m.: Rosh Hashanah Day 1 morning service, on Zoom
- 3 p.m.: Tashlich service, Lucinda Avenue Bridge near the NIU School of Music (outdoors, in person only)
- Wednesday, September 8th, 10 a.m.: Rosh Hashanah Day 2 morning service and discussion, on Zoom
- Wednesday, September 15th, 6:30pm: Kol Nidre service, on Zoom
- Thursday, September 16th
- 9:30 a.m.: Yom Kippur morning service, on Zoom
- 6 p.m.: Neilah, Havdalah, and final shofar blast, outdoors in the parking lot of the synagogue and also on Zoom